Space Drive 2 - already at home on the streets of the world
Drive-by-wire in a new dimension - mature, reliable, ready for use.
Space Drive 2 is already considered a milestone in automotive development: the sophisticated system is the first drive-by-wire technology with road approval. Developed and produced according to the highest safety standards.
Space Drive 2 is a perfectly coordinated operating system of hardware and software with a revolutionary safety concept. The system enables multi-redundant control of engine, brake and steering. The basis for manual driving without a steering column, trajectory-based driving and future fully automated driving - reliable and road-legal.
Overview of product features:
- Fail-safe system (fail-operational) due to 3-fold redundant ECU as well as redundant actuators
- System voltages 12V and 24V
- Redundant power supply (backup battery)
- Road approval according to ECE-R-13, ECE-R-79 and ECE-R-10 (ISO 16750-P5) in Europe as well as worldwide acceptance and use
- Add-on solution with individual approval by TÜV
- No speed limit
- Adaptable to almost all vehicle platforms and applications
- Control of steering, accelerator, brake and secondary functions
- Open and redundant interface (2x CAN, 2x LIN, 2x FlexRay)
- Basic technology for autonomous driving
Key Facts Space Drive 2
Fail Operational: Safety through triple redundancy
Flexible use: Fits any vehicle type
1 Bil. KM on the Road
Open interfaces CAN, Lin, FlexRay
Over 1 billion kilometres on the road
Space Drive 2 was developed for use in mobility for the disabled. For 20 years, the system has been helping people with physical disabilities to participate safely in road traffic. Worldwide, 9,000 systems are in use - a wealth of experience from over 1 billion kilometres driven.
How does Space Drive technology work - a brief overview
At the core of the Space Drive system is an ECU with a customised software package and a revolutionary safety concept. The ECU and software process digital or analogue input signals in real time.
It simultaneously computes these input signals with the essential vehicle data, such as brake signal and speed, and then passes these signals on to servo motors to control the accelerator and brake pedals as well as the steering, after a logical validity check. The vehicle steers, brakes and accelerates purely "by-wire" without mechanical connections.
Do you have questions about Space Drive? We are here for you.
Director Sales & Business Development